The Armpit Sniff

This is me sleeping peacefully….

And this is the crazy shit that woke me up the other day….

That’s Jack….

With his head in my armpit….

J—Ja—Jack! What the heck are you doing? I say…groggy and confused and tired since it’s six in the morning….

Oh Mommy! I just love to smell your armpits!

And no, he wasn’t sleepwalking…he was wide awake and nose deep in my armpit funk…

And yes, we are saving for his therapy*…

*kidding! Jack is totally normal, he doesn’t need therapy!**

**Right?

Comments

Awww he loves you so much!!!
    Alison recently posted..How To Pitch To A BloggerMy Profile

2. Oh my… although with the many ways the description of that picture could have gone, I guess armpit sniffing is not so bad!

3. Michelle says:

THAT is hilarious. I’m now even more glad that the wee ones know going into Mommy’s room while she’s sleeping is a REALLY bad idea. And now I’m talking in third person. Great.

I’m almost more entertained by the fact that you drew your drool in the picture :)
    Michelle recently posted..Thank Goodness For WristbandsMy Profile

4. stacy says:

My children LOVE my armpits, the smellier the better. My husband is jealous about this as they don’t really like his smell. They also love my belly, smelling it, kissing it, even ‘diving into it’ like it is a pool. I always attributed it to the many years I co-slept with them. Anyway, makes perfect sense to me. :)

5. He just loves your stank so much! LOL! That is almost like Paige pulling and sucking on my hair. Kids are freaking weird.
    Jayme (The Random Blogette) recently posted..Dermagist Skin Care Review & GiveawayMy Profile

Oh yuck yuck YUCK!! Aren’t little boys just the most grossest creatures ever on the planet??
    Jester Queen recently posted..Learning CurveMy Profile

7. Chris Carter says:

Oh how friggin’ HILARIOUS!!!! I do believe the pictures make it even funnier! This one I can’t say I have experienced. But I am still laughing so hard I just can’t stop! The visual of your boy in the picture is something I can’t seem to take my eyes off…like a bad car accident or something! LOL
    Chris Carter recently posted..Do you have MomJerk Moments?My Profile

8. Cricket Sosa says:

Cant say I ever put my nose deep into my moms arm pit but to each their own lol kids are supposed to be weird!
    Cricket Sosa recently posted..Blogger Idol Week 2 Play from homeMy Profile

9. Mark says:

I used to love the smell of my Mom’s armpits too. And see how normal I turned out!
    m.
    Mark recently posted..Score!My Profile

10. Can’t say my daughter ever did that…do feel like I missed out? Why no, I don’t. lol
    Mary Kirkland recently posted..Book Pet PeevesMy Profile

11. Ms. Morgan says:

I had a friend once who (at the time) was dating an armpit LICKER!! You read me correctly. While they were…getting jiggy with it he’d LICK-HER-ARMPIT!!!!!

Your welcome for that image.
    Ms. Morgan recently posted..Halloween TreeMy Profile

12. adrienne says:

So weird. BUT, not any weirder than my son grabbing my butt and boobs all the time. WTH? He’s 7, so he’s getting too big for that. Right? Maybe they can go to therapy together??
    adrienne recently posted..Our family’s fight against OCDMy Profile

13. tina says:

yeah, its weird .The really exciting news is your pitts must not be so bad. Thats a perk right? . Every person i know has a weird side or a quirck (spelling?) about them. we all have a freak flag, some of us are just afraid to fly it. :)

14. Charity says:

Kids…they do the wierdest things!
    Charity recently posted..Your always the victimMy Profile

15. jamie says:

For long as I can remember my youngest daughter has had a thing for my armpits. When she would nurse she would dig her nails underneath my armpits and scratch like she was digging her way to some magical place. it used to bother me like you couldn’t even believe. I would stick pillows, blankets’ stuffed animals, anything underneath my arms to prevent her from digging her sharp little nails in my armpit skin. I stopped breastfeeding her at 17 months and ever since this is scratching has become sniffing. She does it every chance she can get especially while co sleeping and laughs while she’s doing it.

Trackbacks

1. [...] fellow blogger shares a similar story. Please note the limbs in the drawings are not legs as I initially [...]