An Example Of When Kids Suck

That was my night….

But the fun didn’t stop there…nope…I got to change sheets 4 times, clean puke off the couch, the carpet, the door, and more linen than I knew I even had…

This is the shit no one tells you about…

Comments

1. Dammit, I didn’t read the title and saw the pic of y’all in bed and got all excited for a hilarious post. Instead, a puke post. BUMMER! Although I GUESS it was even more of a bummer for you.
    dysfunctional mom recently posted..A-Z of MeMy Profile

• holly says:

if you’re getting excited over pictures of me and Eric in bed, it’s time for us to find you a man…just saying’….#kisses

2. Jenny says:

I find your drawings to be true and accurate…Damn kids ALWAYS go to the MOM’s side of the bed!!!

3. I feel your pain!!!!

Hope the sick kid is better – for everyone’s sake!
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Two Weeks OldMy Profile

4. I remember this all too well. I missed my brother’s second wedding because my daughter was spewing all over the place that day.
    Mary Kirkland recently posted..Memories of My MotherMy Profile

5. Oh My! I hope the winning child does not share the wealth. I seem to have trained my children to get to the bathroom first… it’s like my crowning mom achievement! I remember calling my sister when The Boy was one and I was pregnant and telling her, “The highlight of my day was getting my one-year-old to thrown up IN the toilet!” She still hasn’t had children yet and The Boy is 9. Do you think it stuck with her?
    Sorta Southern Single Mom recently posted..PYHO: OrdinaryMy Profile

6. Deanna says:

WOW. there simply are no words (but plenty of laughter from over here…waaaaaay far away!)
    Deanna recently posted..A Handpainted NON MasterpieceMy Profile

7. Mark says:

I love how your husband slept threw it all. That sounds about right!
    m.
    Mark recently posted..Armed Forces DayMy Profile

• holly says:

I swear, next time I’m going to throw a puking kid on him

• Sara says:

Oh… I HATE it when The Hubs complains he didn’t get enough sleep at night when I was the one up all night changing sheets. HATE IT.

8. Sending you lots of love (and disinfectant) !!!
    Jenn [ Crippled Girl ] recently posted..5 Reasons to Attend a Blog ConferenceMy Profile

9. Angie says:

Obviously someone taught us to run for the toilet when we’re about to spew. Why won’t the children learn this simple trick?!

• holly says:

I’ve tried so hard to teach this to the kids….it only seems to work during the daytime…sigh

10. AnnMarie says:

That completely sucks. I hate that part of motherhood. I’d say parenthood but they always seem to puke on us and not their dads. I hope no one else gets it and that your little one feels better soon.
    AnnMarie recently posted..Would Meds Help?My Profile

• holly says:

I swear, it is always the moms….next time I’m going to pick up a kid mid puke and throw him on the hubs

11. At first I was like “why the fuck are you guys standing in a pool of water with your eyes closed?”

LOL

Hugs hon…sick vomiting kids are a major bummer.
    tracy@sellabitmum recently posted..50My Profile

12. Carrie says:

UGH, that blows!
    I like that you drew drool on your sleeping faces, LMAO!
    Hope the kid stops puking soon
    Carrie recently posted..Lenders Bagels "A Very Clever Breakfast"My Profile

13. Lisa Hollis says:

I have always been proud of the fact that my children were vomit trained before they were potty trained!!! Much love and lots of disinfectant!!!

14. Summer says:

OMG. That sucks.
    Summer recently posted..Three Hundred DollarsMy Profile

Ohhhhhh yuck. I’m so sorry for you. I hope things are improving today and you aren’t doomed to catch it as well.
    Jester Queen recently posted..Let’s talk about my dogMy Profile

16. Ashley S says:

One of my favorite comedians always used to joke that nothing will get parents to jump out of bed faster than a child puking. You’re drawings are just top notch :)
    Ashley S recently posted..PhotoPad: Amazing Virtual Photo bookMy Profile

Definitely not a high point of mothering! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
    Shell recently posted..Pour Your Heart Out: You Must Be a RunnerMy Profile

18. Lori A. says:

At least you were all cute with the flower in your hair.

19. Tina McGraw says:

Ha!!!! Two things: 1.love the slobber running out your mouths 2. Wonder why they always go to moms side of the bed? It doesn’t matter what obstacles they have to cross to get to my side…they always do it..weird.
    Being puked on? That’s some bad stuff…that smell sticks with ya for a while.hope the kiddos are better.

20. Why do they always come to our side of the bed?? I remember one night when Jacob had a trail of puke coming from his room to the other side of our house all the way through our room. He just wanted us to know that he was puking, so he puked all over the damn upstairs.
    Jayme (The Random Blogette) recently posted..I’m A Beer & Wings Type Of GirlMy Profile

21. Erin says:

EWWW! Yuck! You’re ‘puke’ card is up. It’s Daddy’s turn! And no this stuff isn’t discussed much. There needs to be a book about the ‘real’ parenting stuff. Hey maybe that would help with teen or unwanted pregnancy!
    Erin recently posted..What a WeekMy Profile

22. Oh shit your drawings are priceless!!! I’m sorry you had to go through that – you’re right, no one tells you about the shit, but we all somehow get through it and keep at it.
    The Accidental Somebody recently posted..Ask meMy Profile

23. Oh god, I HATE when that happens! I remember the first time P threw up in the middle of the night and hubs dealt with it. He moved her to G’s room (I guess expecting his infant self to just sleep through her whining) and LEFT THE PUKE COVERED BEDDING ON HER BED!!!!!! He told me when I got up in the morning that it was there….that was just soooo much fun.
    Kirstie Gibbons recently posted..31 Day Blog Challenge: Day 11My Profile

24. angi says:

I like when I am in the bathroom tending to a fountain of bile spewing from one of my kids and my husband can barely bring himself to run in the bathroom to hand me a cool rag for their head and run back out like he is trying to better his time from the last event. ugh!

25. Laura says:

It is something that provides them with comfort.
    Laura recently posted..Meine ErlebnisseMy Profile

26. Adrienne says:

Ugh! I hope everyone is feeling better today. I hate changing sheets over and over for puke.
    Adrienne recently posted..Why Homeschool?My Profile

27. ugggghhhhh!!!
    stephanie @ babe’s rockin’ mami recently posted..Bedtime NaziMy Profile

28. Kids suck ass… grand-kids too… they don’t tell you that either. But, they go home. Sometimes. Unless their parents dropped them off 1 day and never came back. True story. More why kids suck. =)

(very hypeole and a half-ish)
    Grandma Juice recently posted..Watermelon Margarita Summer’s Best Alcohol Fueled BeverageMy Profile

29. Oh dear, you must have started to feel like you were starring in The Exorcist!
    Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous recently posted..And you’ve got to be ready…My Profile

30. Charity says:

Motherhood not always the pretty picture most paint!
    Charity recently posted..And……..They are mobile!My Profile

31. Lydia says:

OMG. You are preaching the truth, sister. Our daughter came all the way downstairs and into our bedroom one morning to tell us she had to puke – and then she did – right in our doorway. Yum.
    Lydia recently posted..Mamavation Monday #4My Profile